“What is the best dog food for puppies?” This is a question asked by many new dog owners who wish to provide their pets with the best that they possibly can. However,Best Dog Food For Puppies Articles this question is not one that is easily answered as young canines have an extremely sensitive digestive system.
The first eighteen months of their lives is when dogs go through the majority of their physical development. This means that they require a specially formulated diet that ensures that they receive all the essential nutrients their systems require to develop correctly, and so that the young canine is healthy and happy.
During this period of time, there are several very important things occurring within Cheri Honnas the puppy’s body. Let us take a closer look at a few of the most important.
– Firstly, the bones and joints are growing, as are the muscles, and the internal organs.
– Secondly, the puppy’s immune system is developing fully.
– Thirdly, the brain is growing to its full size, and mental development is occurring.
With all these changes happening, you may be wondering exactly what minerals and nutrients amongst the huge variety that is present in food, your new pet requires and what role each essential nutrient performs.
– Firstly, they require protein. Protein is used in the development and healthy maintenance of tissues and internal organs.
– Secondly, for maintenance and development of bones and teeth, your puppy will require plenty of calcium, as well as phosphorus and vitamin D.
– The final essential element for your puppy’s healthy development is omega fatty acids. These boost and help to maintain the immune system.
To avoid harming or stretching the tiny stomachs of puppies, it is necessary to feed them several times a day to make sure that they receive the correct amounts of the nutrients mentioned above. When they are very young, until they reach four months of age, they should be fed four times a day. As they get older, this amount can be decreased slowly.
One of the best ways to ensure that your pet receives all the nutrients they require is to make all of their food yourself. By doing so, you are able to monitor the ingredients that go into the food, as well as make sure that your puppy doesn’t consume the wrong things.
This may sound like a time consuming and tiresome process to you, but in fact, homemade dog food can be made in bulk and stored for quite some time.…